At Livent Corporation, we are committed to respecting data privacy. This online Global Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how Livent Corporation or its applicable regional affiliates protect the personal data collected and it describes what types of personal data we collect about current and prospective vendors, suppliers, customers, and visitors to our website. With your consent we use this information primarily to conduct our business and provide you with information about our products. With your consent we share this information within the Livent group worldwide, and with third parties that supply services to us or with whom we do business. You have rights to control the use of your data, which you can read about below. If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, contact us at: Liventdata.email@example.com.
Personal data means information relating to an identified or identifiable person, including, where applicable, sensitive personal information, either alone or in combination with other information available to Livent.
What Data We Collect
With your consent, or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws, we collect personal data as follows.
Livent collects personal data, such as your name, postal address, company, title, e-mail address and phone number to identify or contact you directly. We collect the personal data you voluntarily provide to us by soliciting business from us, performing a contract with us, completing an online form, registering for information or services (including at a trade show or similar event), applying for a job with Livent, or that you otherwise send to us.
We may also collect personal data indirectly when we receive it from our business partners, such as information about current and prospective vendors, suppliers, customers. Our business partners may include our suppliers, distributors, retailers, research partners, companies that co-sponsor events with Livent, and companies that jointly participate in sales and marketing activities with Livent. We may combine information we have collected directly from you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, or from publicly available databases and data sources, and use it for the reasons described in this Notice.
If you enter into a transaction with us (such as a purchase or in anticipation of an employment contract or services agreement), whether offline or on this website, you will be required to provide information that is needed to complete the transaction, including your name, mailing or shipping address, product selection(s), and your payment information. Failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products, or consider your application for employment.
Your Visit to Our Website
Livent also collects information from visitors to this website and from subscribers to our e-mail alerts. For these purposes we may collect your IP address, device ID, pages viewed prior to landing on our site, browser or e-mail client type, Internet browsing and usage habits, Internet Service Provider, domain name, the time/date of your visit to our website, the referring URL and your computer’s operating system. This information is generally used to help us administer the website and other services we offer, to improve our product offerings, and in other ways as described in this Notice.
If you submit personal data on behalf of another individual (e.g. a colleague or family member), you must ensure that they have read and understand the content of this Notice and that you have their consent to share their personal data with us.
Cookie Generated Information
We also use web analysis tools, such as Google Analytics, to create usage profiles that help us understand statistical information about the usage of our website, to design it to be user-friendlier and improve our services by evaluating server log files. These tools either do not collect personal data such as IP addresses or anonymize these upon collection. You can generally avoid the creation of usage profiles by deactivating cookie usage in your browser’s settings.
How Data is Used
With your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws, we will use your personal data as described here.
- To initiate, perform or fulfill a contractual obligation by:
- providing you with documentation or communications which you have requested;
- fulfilling an order for products or services;
- providing product information you have requested;
- providing technical service and safe handling interviews for use of our products;
- providing after-sales support and customer service, surveys and feedback;
- processing and complete certain transactions involving the website, and more generally transactions involving Livent’s products and services;
- keeping accounting records and evidence of online sales;
- engaging you about events, promotions, the website and Livent’s products and services;
- customizing your experience with us to your interests and purchase history;
- sharing your personal data with manufacturing partners to enable product production, product shipping and auditing; and
- corresponding with you to resolve your queries or complaints.
- To evaluate candidates for employment or potential customers and vendors by:
- evaluating your application for employment with Livent;
- performing our due diligence prior to hiring you or engaging with you as a contractor or vendor;
- sending you promotional materials and marketing communications about our products and services, including price announcements.
- To operate and improve our website and services by:
- evaluating transactions involving the website or our products and services;
- operating, evaluating, maintaining, improving and developing the website (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the website and pages for advertising and marketing);
- assessing your use of the website in order to better meet the needs of all users and to ;
- protecting the security of the website and Livent confidential and proprietary information;
- assessing your user experience in order to evaluate, improve and develop our products and services generally, as well as our sales, marketing and promotional efforts;
- To protect our legitimate interests:
- protecting the safety of Livent employees;
- managing, remediating, protecting against and investigating fraud, credit risk, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including violation of our contract terms or laws or regulations;
- sharing with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, or those of any affiliated company, in which case personal data held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
We will limit the use of personal data to those purposes that strictly support the conduct and development of our business. Additional details on how we process your personal data may be provided to you in a separate notice or contract and we will obtain your consent to such additional collection, use and disclosure of your personal data where required to do so by applicable law.
How Data is Shared
With your consent, or as permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal data as described below:
- Within Livent. We may share your personal data with Livent affiliates for the purposes described in this Notice.
- With our service providers. We may share your personal data with companies or organizations, including subsidiaries, affiliates, and non-Livent entities, that perform services on our behalf, such as website support service providers, information technology hosting services providers, electronic billing providers, shipping companies, distributors, communications services providers, and marketing service providers. In each case, such third parties are required to use adequate privacy and security protections and may use the information only for the purpose of providing services to Livent.
- Agents, Logistics Companies and Distributors. We may share your Personal Information with companies or organizations, including agents, logistic trading houses, and distributors who provide targeted support and services as part of our customer relationship and service obligations. In each case, such third parties are required to use adequate privacy and security protections and may use the information only for the purpose of providing services to Livent.
- Business transactions and transfers. Livent may buy, sell, form, or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell stock or assets, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of your information to prospective purchasers or partners who have signed a confidentiality agreement with Livent.
With your consent, if you are a current customer of a Livent we may use certain personal data to send you product or promotional advertising, and specifically:
- to send you marketing communications containing news, information and updates about our company, products and services, offers, promotions and special events, customer surveys and feedback and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- to carry out data analytics, market research and data enrichment, such as by analyzing your product preferences, interests, purchase history and interactions with the website together with data collected from third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us on social networks (e.g., LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from publicly accessible databases.
You can withdraw your consent to direct marketing communications at any time or object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please go to the Your Choices and Rights section below if you wish to do so.
Location of Data
Livent is a global organization with its corporate headquarters in the United States. As part of the services offered to you through this website, and during our ordinary business operations, the personal data we collect may be transferred to countries outside your home country. Our servers, databases, and service providers may be located in the United States. Where required, we will ask you to consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal data in or to the United States or other countries for the purposes described in this Notice. We will only transfer your personal data outside of your home country where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your Personal Information or adequate security measures are adopted in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Use of Special Features or Areas of Our Website
This Notice may be supplemented or amended from time to time by privacy notices that are specific to and appear on individual Livent websites, including but not limited to our investor relations and career sites. Generally, these notices provide details about the personal data we collect or do not collect on such pages or areas of a website, why we need that information, and choices you may have about the use of that information.
Livent’s products and services are generally designed for those ages 18 and older. Livent does not intentionally gather personal data from persons who are under the age of 18. If it comes to our attention that a child under 18 submits personal data to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who has provided personal data without your knowledge and consent, you may request we remove this information by emailing us at Liventdata.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of the personal data we collect. These measures include, but are not limited to: training and communication of appropriate policies and practices; restricted access and monitoring of buildings, systems, and files; appropriate technical measures including firewalls; personal password and authentication protection; and authorization requirements to access personal data on a “need to know” basis either for job requirements or specific business purposes.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We only keep personal data for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. In general, we retain your personal data for a period of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, for example to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us, such as pursuant to a supplier, vendor or customer contract so that we can raise or defend a legal claim. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
Links to Other Websites
Your Choices and Rights
Depending on where you reside, you may have one or more rights relating to our processing of your Personal Information. Some of these rights will be subject to specific requirements or limitations under applicable law. Available rights may include:
- Opt-out: you may have the right to withdraw your consent to us collecting, using or disclosing your personal data at any time. For example, if you wish to opt out of receiving electronic marketing communications, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in our emails or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending you communications.
- Access, correction and erasure: you have the right to request access to and obtain a copy of any of your personal data that we may hold, to request correction of any inaccurate data relating to you and to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Data portability: where we are relying upon your consent as the justification for processing your personal data, or the fact that such processing is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract, and the personal data is processed by automated means, you have the right to receive all such personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another controller where this is technically feasible.
- Objection or restriction of processing: You may have the right to object to or restrict our processing of your personal data under specific circumstances. Where your personal data is subject to restriction we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Complaints: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us and with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
- Right to object to processing (including profiling) based on legitimate interest grounds: You have the right to object to such processing where we are relying upon legitimate interests to process personal data. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or we need to process the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Where we rely upon legitimate interest as a basis for processing we believe that we can demonstrate such compelling legitimate grounds, but we will consider each case on an individual basis.
- Right to object to direct marketing (including profiling): You have the right to object to our use of your personal data (including profiling) for direct marketing purposes, such as when we use your personal data to invite you to our promotional events that we believe may be of interest to you.
Please contact us at Liventdata.Privacy@Livent.com if you wish to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any enquiries or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
Changes to this Notice
Livent Corporation is headquartered at 1818 Market Street, Suite 2550, Philadelphia, PA 19103 , United States. Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to us at our headquarters, or contact us at Liventdata.Privacy@Livent.com.
Each browser accessing the Livent website is given a unique cookie, which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help develop content based on user interests and behavior. We also aggregate and anonymize the information collected to measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of our websites you have visited, and your visiting patterns. We use this research to understand our users’ habits so that we can make your experience on our website a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content, banners, and promotions on our sites.
Cookies we use
We may use the following cookies on our Website:
- Functional cookies: using these cookies is essential in order to ensure that our Website operates properly. They are used to save your user preferences, detect misuse of our Website and services and to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps our Website available. Certain services you may request cannot be provided without these cookies.
- Web statistics cookies: we use these cookies to determine which parts of our Website interest our visitors. This enables us to make the structure, navigation, and content of our Website as user friendly as possible for you. These cookies are used to (i) keep track of the number of visitors to our web pages; (ii) keep track of the amount of time each user spends on our web pages; (iii) determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our Website; (iv) assess which parts of the Website need to be changed; and (v) optimize the Website.
The IP address provided by Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You may refuse the use of these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser as described in this Policy. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website. In addition, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that on the website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
We or our third-party service providers also may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, computers, and TVs) for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. These third parties may match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household. This means that information about your activity on the website or apps on your current browser or device may be combined with information collected from your other browsers or devices.
How to manage your cookies
If you do not want our website to store cookies on your device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings, which means that you can adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored.
Please be aware that if you do not want to accept any cookies and change your browser settings accordingly, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible or you will be unable to view certain parts of the website. Please note that you will have to change your settings for each browser and device you use. Such methods will not work with respect to certain non-cookie online tracking technologies.