PHILADELPHIA, July 31, 2023 – Livent Corporation (NYSE: LTHM) today published its 2022 Sustainability Report, with the theme Reimagining Possibilities. The report provides updates on the company’s progress against its 2030 and 2040 sustainability goals, includes new disclosures and reaffirms Livent’s commitment to responsible production and expansion.
Paul Graves, president and chief executive officer of Livent, commented: “We believe the lithium industry will play an increasingly important role in the clean energy transition towards a more sustainable, low-carbon future. Our 2022 Sustainability Report demonstrates how Livent is reimagining what’s possible for producing more of the lithium the world needs while continuing to lead our industry forward in corporate social responsibility, environmental stewardship and transparency.”
- Initial global Scope 3 screening of Livent’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and first disclosures on global air pollutants
- Completion of ISO-compliant Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) for all of Livent’s major lithium chemical products, ahead of the original 2025 target
- Achievement of Livent’s 2030 Waste Disposed intensity reduction target, ahead of schedule
- Summary of recent water and biodiversity studies conducted at the Salar del Hombre Muerto in Argentina
- Updates on other key collaborations and initiatives to support a low-carbon future, minimize environmental impacts, expand local community engagement and development efforts, protect human rights, and build a more engaged, diverse and inclusive workforce
To view Livent’s 2022 Sustainability Report, visit livent.com/sustainability. The report will be made available in multiple languages.
Key ESG metrics in the report were reviewed and assured by ERM Certification and Verification Services (ERM CVS).